This page will provide a transparent look at costs associated with Goddard College’s careful transfer of WGDR and WGDH broadcasting licenses and station equipment to a group of longtime citizen media volunteers of WGDR.
This new group has established a non-profit organization named Central Vermont Community Radio. CVCR was formed to forward WGDR’s community-based programming, in conjunction with the Pacifica Radio Network.
This page will be updated as needed and with as much new station info as we can.
Monthly Station Operation: $14k/month while at Goddard
- Current staffing:
– Kris Gruen (Director, FT, [email protected])
– David Ferland (Operations Manager, FT)
– Carl Etnier (Assistant Operations, PT)
- Current programming and compliance memberships
– Pacifica Affiliate (programming, live streams, archive)
– National Federation of Community Broadcasters (DMCA)
- Utilities – TBA
- Mgmt costs – TBA
Corporation for Public Broadcasting Community Service Grant (Restricted): $16,827
- Restricted grant money for production, distribution, and promotions of national programming
- Local2National Management: local production and promotion of national programs
- Pacifica Radio Syndication Network: distribution of both local and national programming
Legal Fees For Transfer Of Licenses And WGDH Lease: $6,000
WGDR’s longtime station lawyer, Melodie Virtue, and her colleague, John Knab, from DC based firm Foster Garvey will over-see this work on behalf of Goddard College.
New local non-profit organization to run station: Central Vermont Community Radio
Founding CVCR Board Members:
- Mark Michaelis Marshfield, [email protected]
- Jude Sargent Plainfield, [email protected]
- Joseph Gainza, Plainfield, [email protected]
- Suzanna Jones, Hardwick, [email protected]
Inventory of Station Equipment
All items related to transferring station ownership and community operations from Goddard to CVCR. View or download Inventory PDF here.